Friday, January 27, 2017

Car Prep



Car Prep


For three-years, from October of 2006 to December 2009 I washed and cleaned vehicles for Enterprise  Rent-A-Car. I applied for the job in September when work orders from Adecco staffing very slow. I thought it would be fun to work at the airport. I did do that for a few weeks. I began working for Enterprise at their officer in Meridian, Idaho.  After that, I went to Nampa, spent  a few weeks at the Airport, and then their on Fairview Avenue in Boise. It was at  Farview Avenue
that I spent most of my time. 






I cleaned the inside and washed the outside of vehicles in a garage. The lighting wasn't too good.
This made getting the inside a challenge. The routine was to vacuum out the inside, wipe down the dashboard and the rest of the interior, clean the windows, close the doors, scrub the vehicle with a nylon broom. The vehicle was then hosed down and dried with towels.  After that, I parked it
and cleaned another vehicle.




Part of my job was removing people's possessions from the vehicle and taking them to the office. Sometimes the people called the office to ask about something they were missing.
Usually, they did not.  I wondered how a sales person could check a car and overlook what was left behind.



For three-years, my longest stint of employment, I wiped-down, vacuumed, and washed cars for Enterprise in Boise, Idaho, and neighboring cities.  This came after I was fired from a local TV station. I did this without ever taking a vacation.  I never really thought about taking a vacation.
I would rather make money.


Now I look back on those years with Enterprise in Boise with warmth and affection.  I didn't see it that way at the time,.

No comments: